After months of calling on Governor Cuomo and New York State lawmakers to take immediate action to protect farmworkers from COVID-19, we are pleased to share the news that NY's Department of Health, Department of Labor, and Department of Agriculture & Markets have finally released guidance documents aimed at addressing the threat COVID-19 presents to our state's farmworkers and their families.
Learn more about New York's recommended protocols for Agriculture:
- Interim Guidance for Prevention and Response of COVID-19 at Farms
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Operator Checklist for Farms
- Covid-19 Prevention Tips for Farmworkers
- Interim Guidance for Horticulture (greenhouse operations, nurseries, sod farms, arborists and landscapers)
- Interim Guidance for Non-Food Related Agriculture Activities During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Non-Food Related Agriculture Guidelines for Employers and Employees
These guidelines are step in the right direction, but do not carry the force of regulations. As we work to educate workers about the precautions and protocols they should expect from their employers, WJCNY will continue advocating for enforceable health and safety protections for farmworkers and all essential workers through the NY HERO Essential Workers Campaign. We are also fighting alongside undocumented communities across the state to Fund Excluded Workers. We are counting on your continued solidarity as we work toward transforming this crisis into a catalyst for social change.
Do you like this post?